Monday, October 27, 2008

Student Government Experience

What I thought was going to be a daunting task, turned out to be anything but. The first phone call that I made was to the Representative from the 5th District of Michigan, Dale Kildee. Representative Kildee also happens to be my Representative. When I called his office, one of his staffers, Greta Moore, answered. She was a very nice person! Even though she did not know whether or not Representative Kildee participated in Student Government in high school or college, she assured me that she would figure it out for our project. I believe that it is very important for people to participate in Student Government, because it gives them experience in a leadership position. Seeing all the people in Congress that members of Student Government is astounding. Anyone who wants to run for public office later in life should really consider running for Student Government in high school and/or college.

-Kaitlyn Ewing